Fluval – Plant and Shrimp Stratum
Description: Fluval – Plant and Shrimp Stratum is collected from the mineral-rich foothills of Mount Aso Volcano in Japan, Fluval Stratum makes an ideal alternative substrate for planted aquariums and those featuring shrimp.
- Encourages strong plant growth – roots easily penetrate and spread throughout substrate to obtain key nutrients
- Porous structure allows for rapid colonization of beneficial nitrifying bacteria
- Helps support neutral to slightly acidic pH – ideal for most plants, tropical fish and shrimp normally kept in planted aquariums
- Provides newborn shrimp with a refuge from predators until they are large enough to emerge
- Will not discolor water and helps control organic discoloration when natural driftwood is present
- For use in freshwater aquariums
Recommended depth: 1.18 – 1.57 in (3-4 cm)
How much should I use?
< 45 cm (17.72 in) = 1 x 2 kg Fluval Stratum bag
45 cm (17.72 in) = 1 x 4 kg Fluval Stratum bag
60 cm (23.62 in) = 1 x 8 kg Fluval Stratum bag
90 cm (35.43 in) = 1 x 8+4 kg Fluval Stratum bag
Packaging sizes: 2kg bag (item no. 12693), 4kg bag (item no. 12694) and 8kg bag (item no. 12695)