Fluval C Series Hang-on Filter – It is the world’s first and only 5-Stage clip-on power filter that offers two mechanical phases, a chemical phase and a two biological phases for amazing water clarity.
Choose the right variant for your tank:
- C2 – For 115 litre tank (Pump Performance of 450 L/h, L x W x H – 17.7 x 12.7 x 15.2 cm)
- C3 – For 190 litre tank (Pump Performance of 580 L/h, L x W x H – 17.7 x 12.7 x 17.7 cm)
- C4 – For 265 litre tank (Pump Performance of 1000 L/h, L x W x H – 22.8 x 16.51 x 21.5 cm)
Fluval C-Series is the world’s first and only 5-Stage clip-on power filter that offers two mechanical phases, a chemical phase and a two biological phases for amazing water clarity.
- Two Mechanical stages trap large and fine debris – foams easily slide out for quick cleaning
- Chemical stage with activated carbon effectively removes toxins
- Biological stage features Bio-Screen pad – blocks debris and provides massive surface area for beneficial bacteria growth
- Biological Trickle Chamber – super charged for fast and efficient nitrification when loaded with Fluval C-Nodes
- Patented refiltration control system permits slower water output to protect delicate fish/plants and increase contact time with media
- Independent filtration stage management – changes can be made at different times while maintaining continuous biological activity
- Cleaning indicator notifies user when polyfoam needs rinsing
- Made in Italy
- For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Instruction manual for more reference.
- Fluval is the only brand to offer a vertical pre-filter orientation, which provides more surface area and better mechanical filtration.
- 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY. For registration please visit: fluvalaquatics.com/warranty
- Fluval filter series is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship under normal aquarium usage and service for 3 years from date of purchase when the complete pump is returned with proof of purchase and postage paid. This warranty does not apply to any filter that has been subject to misuse, negligence or tampering. It does not apply to filters which have been incorrectly assembled or unsuitably maintained or where installation and maintenance instructions have not been followed correctly. It does not apply to wear and tear parts such as the impeller, impeller cover or motor seal. No liability is assumed with respect to loss or damage to livestock or personal property irrespective of the cause thereof. WARRANTY IS ONLY VALID WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM AN AUTHORIZED FLUVAL DEALER. WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- Package contents:
- Activated Carbon
- Bio-Screen Pad
How do I prevent baby fish from being pulled into my filter?
Make an incision in the center of a coarse, open cell foam filter block and insert the siphon tube strainer into it. We recommend rinsing the block every 2 weeks to ensure proper filtration performance.
I change the carbon in my filter every couple of weeks. Is this too often?
No. It’s better (and easier) to prevent odors rather than having to remove them once they’ve accumulated. Some fish are messy eaters, or are more prone to producing large amounts of waste, so prevention is key.
What general maintenance tips do you have for this filtration series?
Do you have any tips for fixing common filtration issues?
Aquatic expert Tom Sarac discusses the 6 most common filter problems, while providing helpful troubleshooting tips to resolve them.
I found a fish stuck to the intake of my filter. Is the flow too strong?
You don’t need to be concerned about your filter being too powerful for use with healthy fish, many of whom swim in natural habitats with much stronger currents. If a fish became stuck to the intake of your filter, it’s likely that the fish was already sick. Take note that you can adjust the filter output strength to suit your particular fish species.
How do I know when it’s time to change my filter media?
Packaging sizes: C2 (item no. 14001), C3(item no. 14002), C4(item no. 14003)