Fluval 07 Performance Cannister Series – The All-New 07 Series & The WORLD’S BEST-SELLING Canister filter series
The All-New 07 Series marks the 7th incarnation in nearly 4 decades of Fluval’s top selling canister filter family worldwide. Not only does the latest generation incorporate the power and reliability you’ve come to expect from the leader in aquatic filtration, but it also features several new performance upgrades that make it up to 25% quieter and more robust, energy-efficient, flexible and easier to use than ever before. eTEC (Efficient Technology) is at the heart of the 07 series. It’s a synergistic process where forward-thinking design, cutting edge materials, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes come together to deliver powerful pump performance, reduced energy consumption and ultra-quiet operation. Depending on the model selected, the 07 Series generates between 145 – 383 US Gal/h (550-1,450 L/h) of constant pumping power and pressure that endures over time. 07 filters are big on power, yet small on energy consumption. The 107 and 207 models, for example, draw as little as 10 watts of electrical energy, which is EQUIVALENT TO A SINGLE HOUSEHOLD LED LIGHTBULB!
- Fluval eTEC (Efficient Technology) construction employs cutting-edge design, materials & manufacturing methods to deliver powerful pump performance, reduced energy consumption & ultra-quiet operation
- Powerful motor generates constant pumping power and pressure that endures over time
- Re-engineered, precision-crafted pump runs up to 25% quieter than previous generation
- Energy-efficient – some 07 series filters draw as little energy as a single household LED lightbulb
- Redesigned, substantially enlarged rubber feet stabilizers offer superior vibration-dampening ability and added protection
- New ergonomic AquaStop valves with raised lip for smoother operation
- Single action dual Lift-Lock motorhead clamps for quick release and attachment
- Redesigned Primer with larger easy-grip handle provides fast, effortless start-ups with just a few pumps
- EZ-Lift media baskets with new center handle allow media stack to be removed with just 1 finger for quick access (less mess & no need to empty canister of water)
- Unique vertical pre-filter cartridge with independent access provides more surface area and better mechanical filtration
- All necessary authentic Fluval media included. Instruction manual for more reference.
- Fluval is the only brand to offer a vertical pre-filter orientattion, which provides more surface area and better mechanical filtration.
- 3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY. For registration please visit:fluvalaquatics.com/warranty
- Fluval filter series is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship under normal aquarium usage and service for 3 years from date of purchase when the complete pump is returned with proof of purchase and postage paid. This warranty does not apply to any filter that has been subject to misuse, negligence or tampering. It does not apply to filters which have been incorrectly assembled or unsuitably maintained or where installation and maintenance instructions have not been followed correctly. It does not apply to wear and tear parts such as the impeller, impeller cover or motor seal. No liability is assumed with respect to loss or damage to livestock or personal property irrespective of the cause thereof. WARRANTY IS ONLY VALID WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM AN AUTHORIZED FLUVAL DEALER. WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- Package contents:
- Bio-Foam Max
- Carbon 70 g
- AquaStop valve
- Ribbed hosing
- Rim connectors
- Intake tube
- Intake strainer
- Intake Stem with intake strainer
- Pre-Filter basket
- Media basket
- Media basket cover
- Media basket handle
- Suction cup (30 mm)
- Output nozzle
- Rubber hose connectors
- Instruction manual
Choose the right variant for your tank:
- 107 – For 40-130 litre tank (Pump Performance of 550 L/h, L x W x H – 19 x 18 x 35 cm)
- 207 – For 60-220 litre tank (Pump Performance of 780 L/h, L x W x H – 19 x 18 x 42 cm)
- 307 – For 90-330 litre tank (Pump Performance of 1150 L/h, L x W x H – 24 x 18 x 42 cm)
- 407 – For 150-500 litre tank (Pump Performance of 1450 L/h, L x W x H – 24 x 18 x 49 cm)
How do I remove surface film from my aquarium water?
A surface film can be the result of cooking smoke, skin oils, dust accumulation, and/or fish food, which naturally includes fat content. We recommend the use of a surface skimmer (#A240) connected to the inlet of your Fluval 07 filter.
The lid on my filter is difficult to close and leaks near the motor head clips.
We recommend a thorough cleaning of the motor head O-ring and applying Fluval silicone lubricant (#A325). It’s normal for the O-ring to require replacement after a few years of use. Ensure that the O-ring is inserted correctly into the motor head groove, and that the motor head is properly positioned, aligning the power cord with the notch on the canister.
How do I prevent baby fish from being pulled into my filter?
Make an incision in the center of a coarse, open cell foam filter block and insert the siphon tube strainer into it. We recommend rinsing the block every 2 weeks to ensure proper filtration performance.
Can I connect an inline heater model to my filter?
No. Fluval canister filters use ribbed flexible hosing, which is not ideal for installing such equipment.
Why do I have difficulty restarting my canister filter after cleaning it?
First, check your impeller and impeller shaft as it’s possible either of these are damaged and need to be replaced, or are very dirty and require cleaning. It’s also possible the impeller cover has not been reattached correctly. Finally, verify that the filter has been properly primed: always ensure that the filter output is above the water surface when priming.
I’ve noticed decreased performance and the need for increased maintenance frequency on my canister filter. Am I doing something wrong?
This usually indicates an increased load on your filter due to either the growth of your fish, the recent introduction of additional fish, increased waste production (leftover food, excrement, etc.), or clogged filter media in need of replacement.
I replaced the impeller of my canister filter and noticed a small leak coming from the handle when shutting down. What should I do?
The leak is most likely from the canister O-ring. Before you purchase a replacement, remove and clean it with warm water. Thoroughly wipe the receiving groove in the filter with a soft cloth. Apply Fluval silicone lubricant (#A325) to the O-ring.
How does head height affect filter output performance?
07 series filters are closed re-circulation filter systems: head height has no real impact on performance. The length of tubing and the types of filter media are key factors affecting filter output performance. We recommend never exceeding the specified vertical distance in your instruction manual as this will cause the filter to exceed the maximum head pressure value, which could cause the filter to leak and fail.
I change the carbon in my filter every couple of weeks. Is this too often?
No. It’s better (and easier) to prevent odours rather than having to remove them once they’ve accumulated. Some fish are messy eaters, or are more prone to producing large amounts of waste, so prevention is key.
Do you have any tips for fixing common filtration issues?
I found a fish stuck to the intake of my filter. Is the flow too strong?
You don’t need to be concerned about your filter being too powerful for use with healthy fish, many of whom swim in natural habitats with much stronger currents. If a fish became stuck to the intake of your filter, it’s likely that the fish was already sick. Take note that you can adjust the filter output strength to suit your particular fish species.
I just purchased a Fluval canister filter for my well-stocked tank. Is there additional media required, other than what came with the filter?
Fluval Total Clear will crystallize the water and rapidly remove organics, providing better overall water quality. Also consider adding a coarse pre-filter media at the bottom of the filter to support improved long-term performance.
Why is my canister filter emitting bursts of fine air bubbles on my aquarium?
FRESHWATER: It’s important to perform regular filter maintenance (media rinsing and replacement) to prevent media from compacting, which can result in air accumulation. Also make sure to verify the inlet rubber hose connector that attaches to the siphon tube, which does dry out over time and becomes hard and non-flexible, thus requiring periodic replacement.
SALTWATER: This is probably due to your filter taking in the fine air bubbles introduced to the aquarium by protein skimmers. Make sure to use an effective bubble trap at the skimmer output or within the sump to prevent this from happening.
How do I know when it’s time to change my filter media?
Why is the motor of my canister filter making a low, rumbling noise?
Noise originating from the motor suggests that the impeller assembly needs to be replaced. As the only moving part in your filter that operates 24 hours/day, the impeller does eventually wear and is therefore not covered under warranty. Also, verify that the filter has been properly primed (always ensure the filter output is above the water surface when priming), as this will help ensure trapped air is not the cause of the noise.
Can I place Bio-Foam Max filter pads on both sides of the Pre-Filter Cartridge?
No. Due to their shape, Bio-Foam Max filter pads can only be inserted on the left side of the Pre-Filter Cartridge, as the first filter media.
What are the correct steps for disconnecting the AquaStop valve?
How do I maintain the impeller assembly?
How should I clean the intake stem and strainer?
What’s the best way to clean the ribbed hosing?
How do I clean the primer assembly and cover?
Do you have any motorhead gasket maintenance tips?
How do I maintain the AquaStop O-ring gaskets?
The lid on my filter is difficult to close and leaks near the motor head clips.
We recommend a thorough cleaning of the motor head O-ring and applying Fluval silicone lubricant (#A325). It’s normal for the O-ring to require replacement after a year of use. Ensure that the O-ring is inserted correctly into the motor head groove and that the motor head is properly positioned.
Can I safely reduce the output of my 07 series canister filter?
The output flow of Fluval 07 series canister filters can be safely reduced by up to 50%. In order to do this, move the white top lever of the AquaStop valve away from the red bottom lever, up to an angle of 45 degrees.
I’ve noticed a white, slimy film on the rubber hose connectors of my canister filter. Is this dangerous for my fish?
This white, slimy film is bio-film, and it is harmless. We recommend cleaning canister filter hosing and rubber hose connectors as part of normal maintenance to help mitigate the growth of bio-film.
Packaging sizes: 107 (item no. A440), 207 (item no. A443), 307 (item no. A446), 407 (item no. A449)