Discus Protector – 10 litres Quick Quarantine
Description: Discus Protector by Discusfood prevents the risk of infection by new fish of external origin. Fish from different systems are carrier of different pathogenic germs. Mixing fish from different origins, may cause so-called “X-contamination”. Often the entire old fish stock falls ill. Correctly used, Discus Protector prevents the spread of such a disease in about 95% of all cases. Your valuable fish stock will be protected. It is a carefully balanced mixture of high-quality anti-bacterial acting substances, which are embedded in a natural carrier substance.
How to use: Dissolve the entire content of one package in a clean bucket containing water. The new arrivals must be bathed BEFORE they come into contact with the old fish population. Discus Protector acts as a preventive, before disease occurs. Do not use on crustaceans and other invertebrates.
- Hold ready a cleaned empty container (e.g. a water bucket) suitable for 10 liters of water nearby
- Have ready a suitable net to catch and move fish.
- Prepare a timekeeper like a stopwatch, smartphone timer etc. for exact adherence to treatment
- Acclimate the fish which are to be treated, to water of the new environment, as by temperature
adjustment and water exchange in the transport bags.
- Fill 10 litres suitable aquarium water in the bucket or container.
- Add the entire content of one package Discus Protector into the bucket or container and dissolve it.
- Aerate the container or bucket by an air stone when treating many fish. Water movement also
ensures an optimal solution of the active substances.
- Take the new fish out of the transport water and place carefully into the bucket or container
without transportation water.
- The duration of treatment must take from 15 to 17 min. Control the exact length by using a
- Fish may swim beneath the water surface or they breath heavily during the treatment.
- Immediately after the end of treatment, put the fish carefully with the net into the aquarium.
- The transportation water must not come into contact with the aquarium water.
Q: May I divide the content and dissolve it in smaller bulks?
A: NO, never. The complete content must be dissolved at one time and is intended for one single use!
Q: Why does the entire content have to be dissolved in 10 liters of water?
A: Discus Protector consists of a wide range of components that are exactly matched to each other. Some of these high-quality ingredients are present in very low quantity. A division of the contents leads to dangerous shifts of the total active ingredients!
Q: How does Discus Protector operate?
A: Discus Protector acts antiseptically and cell-destroying. The plasmids of bacteria will be destroyed by the osmotic effect.
Q: Why do parts of the mucous membranes fall off during or after the short bath?
A: The parts of the mucous membrane which are infected by bacteria and external parasites are repelled.
Packaging sizes: 160g container (item no. 32010)